Friday 24 May 2013

Harmonies, violin & ukulele

The Good Mad may sound like a strange band name, but Allie Gonino has an explanation, "There is madness in all of us. We have the choice to use our madness to create something for the good of all and illuminate the ugly truth in a beautiful way… or to divide and conquer. This music is our attempt at the former." I'm extremely glad that they're musicians.

Who knew that The Lying Game would teach us anything other than lies and betrayal (it's a great show, don't get me wrong!). After hearing Allie sing on the show, I HAD to check out her Wikipedia page. Laurel is by far my favourite character on the show!

For the last few weeks, I have been tapping, humming (where are all the lyrics?!) and bopping along to the 5 songs on their website. The folk style music is different - and way better! - than the current pop songs on the radio. I love ALL the songs, but there's something about Coconut Grove that makes me want to put it on repeat. Maybe the image of driving past orchards in the countryside with your head out the window of a pickup truck?


Trust me, you will not regret it!

What's your favourite song/band/musician?

Love, V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!