Monday 10 June 2013

Book review: Eon


I finished Eon by Alison Goodman just last night, and started on its sequel today.

It's about a girl, under disguise as a boy, for the chance to be chosen as the next Dragoneye ascendant. Dragoneyes protect the land from monsoons, floods and disasters of the like. They are highly respected, and are just beneath the Emperial family in the hierarchy. Eon, now Lord Eon, tries to claim 'his' power while escaping from Lord Ido's treacherous plan.

The book was easy to read, fast paced and different to anything I had read before. In my second time reading, it definitely wasn't as good as the first despite my inability to remember the plot. 

I'm not that picky as far as books go, but it just seemed that Lord Ido was extreme evil, going to all lengths to get what he wants. He wasn't very subtle in his abuse of power, but none of the other characters tried to oppose him, except Lord Brannon. Without spoiling anything, I just want to say that the ending was quite abrupt. I understand that Eon is powerful, but to what extent? 

That was pretty much all the negatives about the book, in my opinion. I was satisfied with the writing, the persona of the characters were described in detail and pulled you into their world.

I'm still enjoying reading Eona. What are you currently reading?

Love, V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!