I hope this post will help those whose New Year's resolutions involve drinking more water (it's definitely mine!). I am constantly reminded of its benefits, but would rather reach for juice, or pretty much anything else...
Benefits (from MindBodyGreen)
- Flushes out toxins - removes toxins through sweat and urine
- Prevents headaches - most headaches are caused by dehydration
- Increases energy, reduces fatigue - your brain is mostly water, thus drinking more water helps with concentration and thinking
- Improves skin - hydrates the skin, and prevents wrinkles
Now that your hatred towards water is reduced, grab a glass of water!
The water challenge
- Morning - After breakfast, drink a full glass of water.
- Throughout the day - Drink 1 bottle of water. Have it in front of you at all times to remind you to drink that miracle liquid.
- Evening - After dinner, drink another full glass of water. (Tip: drink at least 2 hours before bed)
If you have trouble following through with the challenge, here are some extra tips:
- add flavour (use natural fruits like lemon and orange, otherwise you defeat the purpose)
- eat spicy food
- order water when you eat out
I challenge you to do the water challenge!